Welcome To Detroit

Welcome To Detroit

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Ultimate Preppy President


Though the title may catch giggles, understand that the word Preppy is a shorten version of preparatory. An adjective or noun traditionally in relation to Northeastern Private University Preparatory Schools. Mr. Kennedy is the reason the Ivy-League look is prevalent today. Now understand, JFK didn't always anguish the style preparatory/ Ivy-Style look. It was a grooming process. Stories have been told that in Kennedy's earlier years of college, John was known for his messiness, particularly with clothes. He would show up with his shirt untucked, or without socks, or wearing a rag of a necktie, according to his boarding school roommates. I really appreciate the fact that it took a grooming process to generate the look that Kennedy has displayed giving his accomplishment in the political office. I personally never started out with a bow-tie/ silk tie in my wardrobe growing up, (though my mother wood have me wearing dress shirts everywhere, but that's a different story) but you learn to eventually understand the the etiquette's of attire. Given my private school days, I understand the process and the reason I tend to dress so casual today. Photo below is President Kennedy with his son on the White House Patio.

Check out the sunglasses Kenny's wearing. These are what you call Club Master sunglasses. Malcom X really brought this style into existence and I would say that Kennedy respectfully followed. But all in all, it's a good look.

This photo is my all time favorite. Growing up as a kid, taking the boat out for a old fashion fishing trip is something I treasure. I can remember like it was yesterday, waking up at 4am, to prep the boat for a long day of fishing or sailing. Some of the best times I've had with my dad, PRICELESS. Here, young Kennedy prepping the boat for sail on the open water.

No comments:

Post a Comment