Welcome To Detroit

Welcome To Detroit

Friday, March 5, 2010

NBA Dress Code: Domino Effect




Now I'm not exactly sure who started the dress code first, but I know a few years ago NBA Commissioner David Stern was very sever and strict when it came down to the new dress code requirement for NBA players. Though many protest to the idea, mostly those who have a very hoodlum attire didn't wish to participate. But given that NBA players are still under contract they work for a corporation, Mr. Stern's new rule fell through. If you think about it, it was a really good thing for most players. Cleaning up their look and presenting themselves with a more approachable image. With a nice clean look,the endorsements will follow. (it's all about marketing people, and if you look the part you'd get paid) I have to give acclaim to Kobe Bryant on his cover with GQ magazine.

Very nice sophisticated look, which let's you know what directions he's heading now that he's entering his veteran status in the league. Lebron James is another who has a nice clean image when it comes to rocking a nice tailored suit. It's like a domino effect that is going in the right direction for our NBA athletes.

I would put D.Wade in this category but he still needs a little help on the fashion tip. I can somewhat interpret the style he tries to emulate but the thing is, he's trying a little too hard. Simplicity sells Mr. Wade. Sometimes I don't know if I can take his style seriously at times, or let me just say he has his moments. But this is just my opinion, feel free to comment if you disagree. Still a great basketball player and still in my top-five for his ability to play the game.

1 comment: