Welcome To Detroit

Welcome To Detroit

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Exploring the Instument



Over the past year, my ear for music has drastically changed. Along with my appreciation for those within the music business. I've recently picked up on playing the guitar an though me and my guitar have our ups and downs I still find myself enjoying the beauty of creating something with just a few plucks of a couple strings.

Not taking all the credit for myself, but I just happen to know individuals who were patient enough with me to teach me some of the small but important techniques needed to develop the skill I possess. What's really got me attracted to the guitar is the ability to escape from all your problems/ boredom at the end of the day. Being able to play cover songs or create something new and knowing your in the mist of becoming an avaunt guard pending on how you interrupt your instrument. Like the great John Coltrane, I like to explore with my guitar instead of just simply playing it, come up with new ways to play the guitar. So those of you who are familiar with playing the guitar and/ or are beginner, certain sites I would recommend would be www.chordbook.com and www.ultimateguitar.com <--- good for tabs and chords for cover songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment